Chaffee County - December 1, 1881
|Established: October 26, 1874
along Chalk Creek at the base of Mount Princeton, was first a Denver,
South Park and Pacific Railroad construction camp as the line was
being built over the Continental Divide on the way to Gunnison.
In the early 1880's the town was a stop on the railroad. The town
died when St. Elmo was built farther up the line.
©Copyright 2003 -
2006 - Colorado Postal History Society - All rights reserved.